Frac and completions data is Canadian Discovery Ltd. (CDL)’s core data offering. We maintain the largest publicly available digital completions dataset in the world. Over 100 organizations across the energy spectrum use CDL’s data to optimize completions programs and make sound decisions. Our data is regularly featured in industry talks and technical papers.
CDL’s frac data include in-depth well, stage and interval-based details and related operational, efficiency and problem analysis. This is in addition to basic, standardized inputs such as number of fracs, technology, proppants, fluids and costs.
What We Offer
CDL’s Western Canada Well Completions & Frac Database is available for license. You can also access expert data-driven insights in our reports.
CDL’s completions and fracturing data includes all available horizontal multi-stage fracs, with select coverage of vertical and horizontal open hole wells. Details captured include:
- Job objective, technology
- Operator, stim company, rig
- Stages, spacing, completed length
- Depths, direction, toe up/down
- Proppant types and amounts
- Stimulation fluids and volumes
- Operational flags, efficiency, costs, time, problems
- Pumping details and shut-in pressures
- Interval details—perfs, cuts, treatments, clusters, tubulars
- Frac report details—pad, slurry, flush
- Source documents (bookmarked PDF Tour Reports)
Contact us to receive a sample frac analysis
For proprietary data consulting or to leverage our data capabilities outside Western Canada, see Data Solutions.
What Makes Us Different
Other service providers offer completions and frac data that is a) derived from limited electronic datasets, b) auto-generated using optical character recognition (OCR) technology and/or c) input via rote data entry. CDL’s approach is entirely different.
Our datasets are carefully built by in-house experts through a combination of data mining, interpretation and detailed engineering analysis. Our team brings unparalleled depth of knowledge from reviewing tens of thousands of wells and hosting regular industry user groups.
At CDL, it is our mission to:
- Cut through complexity and bring order with CDL’s proven data model.
- Standardize outputs and correct inaccuracies using CDL’s intelligent data entry processes and proprietary workflow.
- Understand the context of the data. CDL’s skilled analysts record comments to back up their interpretations and share insights with clients.
- Deliver unbiased data. CDL is an independent third party.