Canadian Discovery Ltd. (CDL) has long captured a select subset of drilling inputs to support our completions offering. Now, with the encouragement of clients, we are analyzing drilling documents in detail to provide a complete story for every well.
CDL’s expanded digital drilling data include in-depth tubular, drilling fluid, bottomhole assembly (BHA) and bit details and related operational, efficiency and problem analysis. This is in addition to basic, standardized inputs such as depths, trajectory, rig and costs.
What We Offer
Our Western Canada Drilling Database is currently in development. Find out how we can assist you now.
Our drilling data is initially focused towards Montney and Spirit River horizontals. Details captured include:
- Daily operations summaries
- Operations and time breakdowns
- Tubular and cement data
- Mud data for each drilling day
- Drilling BHA for each drilling interval
- Detail drill bit data
- Summary of drilling issues
- Summary of sidetracks
Contact us to receive a sample drilling analysis
For proprietary data consulting or to leverage our capabilities outside Western Canada, see Data Solutions.
What Makes Us Different
Other service providers offer drilling data that is a) derived from limited electronic datasets, b) auto-generated using optical character recognition (OCR) technology and/or c) input via rote data entry. CDL’s approach is entirely different.
Our datasets are carefully built by in-house experts through a combination of data mining, interpretation and detailed engineering analysis. We bring an unparalleled depth of knowledge from our experience with the Well Completions & Frac Database.
At CDL, it is our mission to:
- Cut through complexity and bring order with CDL’s proven data model.
- Standardize outputs and correct inaccuracies using CDL’s intelligent data entry processes and proprietary workflow.
- Understand the context of the data. CDL’s skilled analysts record comments to back up their interpretations and share insights with clients.
- Deliver unbiased data. CDL is an independent third party.