As a respected, independent oil & gas services firm, Canadian Discovery Ltd. (CDL) provides innovative, technically sound solutions to energy clients worldwide. We’re leading the way by providing critical datasets and original insights to minimize costs and maximize results in today’s competitive, cost-sensitive oil & gas environment.
Exploration Analyst (Geologist/Geoscientist)
Does the opportunity to analyze prospects, track play development and follow basin activity excite you? Do you genuinely enjoy technical writing? Canadian Discovery is currently seeking a senior exploration analyst to write for our established and well-respected Discovery Digest E&P publication (digest.canadiandiscovery.com). This independent and flexible role will provide you with the opportunity to conduct independent research and technical analysis, while collaborating with other like-minded individuals to publish great content! You are a strong communicator and thrive in a deadline-driven, team-based environment.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
· Researching and writing technical reviews of varying length and scope, with a focus towards specific prospects, projects, areas, operators and/or technologies, including conducting the necessary technical analysis required to advance original insights.
· Generating supporting materials, including: maps, graphs, charts and technical illustrations, with professional support from technologists and graphic designers.
· Monitoring industry activity to identify important developments and potential opportunities, and preparing for and participating in bi-weekly article scoping sessions.
· Integrating and collaborating with technical professionals across the organization to ensure technical consistency and excellence.
· Supporting and participating in the peer-review and editing process; ensuring that all relevant standards and objectives are met in a timely fashion.
· Provide geological support for other CDL products and initiatives on an as-needed basis.
· Attend team meetings, document work and participate in corporate initiatives.
To succeed in this position, you will require:
· Broad-based oil & gas industry experience, including in-depth knowledge of WCSB geology and regional mapping.
· Proficient geoLOGIC geoSCOUT user. ESRI ArcGIS experience an asset.
· Excellent English technical writing capabilities, including ability to clearly organize and succinctly communicate concepts in written form as well as via tables, charts, maps and schematics.
· Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills. TIBCO Spotfire and database skills an asset.
· Financial analyst skills would be an asset.
· Strong interpersonal and multi-tasking skills, including ability to work to deadlines.
· Undergraduate or graduate degree in earth sciences.
· 10 – 20 years of work experience.
In return, we offer:
· Technical development and career growth opportunities.
· A unique and stimulating work environment.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2018 (or until position is filled)
Along with your resume, please include a cover letter addressing your direct suitability to this role, salary expectations and a writing sample. A written component can be expected as part of the interview process. Apply to:
Alison Lane, Human Resources, Canadian Discovery Ltd.
500, 622 – 5 Avenue S.W., Calgary, Alberta T2P 0M6
For more information about our company, visit: www.canadiandiscovery.com.
Thank you to all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.