Geological Technician (Contract 12-Month Term, Full Time)
We are seeking a geological technician to support our geosciences team. You are organized, work well in teams and have a diploma, certificate or equivalent work experience within the oil and gas industry. This is a full time contract position (filling a maternity leave) with the potential to transition into a permanent position.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the execution of consulting projects and multi-client studies
- Provide assistance to the Discovery Digest team including: digitizing, data retrieval, building cross-sections, creating maps, LAS retrieval, display logs, etc.
- Assist with metadata, archiving and other tasks on an as needed basis
To succeed in this position, you will require:
- Proficiency in geoSCOUT including user databases; familiarity with Geolog required. Familiarity with ArcGIS and AccuMap an asset but not required
- Understanding of database structures and relational frameworks
- Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Oil and gas industry knowledge
- Knowledge of the stratigraphic column in the Western Canada Sedimentary Basin
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, document work and meet project deadlines
- Diploma or certificate in a related discipline, or equivalent experience
In return, we offer:
- A unique and stimulating work environment, competitive compensation and career growth opportunities.
May 15, 2018 (or until position is filled)
Apply to: email@example.com
Alison Lane, Human Resources, Canadian Discovery Ltd.
500, 622 – 5 Avenue S.W., Calgary, Alberta T2P 0M6
Canadian Discovery is an employee-owned company offering a unique and stimulating work environment, flexible hours and competitive compensation. For more information about our company, products and services, please visit: www.canadiandiscovery.com.
Thank you to all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.