Would you like the chance to develop and maintain a variety of web based products used by thousands of clients? The chance to learn new technologies, take ownership of projects and advance your career? Canadian Discovery is looking for a software developer with a can-do attitude to develop and maintain our web applications, plugins and scripts. This is a permanent full-time position with flexible hours working in our downtown Calgary office.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining our Drupal web products.
- Developing Selenium tests for our online products.
- Creating various scripts to maintain our SQL Server databases and IIS Web servers.
- Participating in team meetings, and other company meetings and events.
To succeed in this position, you will have:
- Experience developing with PHP.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
It would also be beneficial, but not required, if you have experience:
- Developing ASP.NET C# web applications.
- Developing automated tests with Selenium.
- Using script languages such as Python or Batch
- Writing SQL scripts and stored procedures
- Maintaining or using ArcGIS servers.
In return, we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including opportunities for company ownership.
- Technical development and career growth opportunities.
- A unique and stimulating work environment - flexible hours, weekly organic fruit deliveries, regular social events, recycling and composting and community involvement through CDL Cares.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2017 (or until position is filled)
Along with your resume, please include a cover letter addressing your direct suitability to this role. Only candidates able to work in our Calgary office will be considered. Apply to:
Matt Baird, Managing Director, Canadian Discovery Ltd.
300, 706 - 7 Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta T2P 0Z1
Thank you to all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.