Would you like the chance to develop and maintain a variety of web based products used by thousands of clients? The chance to learn new technologies, take ownership of projects and advance your career? Canadian Discovery is looking for an intermediate software developer with a can-do attitude to develop and maintain our web applications, plugins and scripts. This is a permanent full-time position with flexible hours working in our downtown Calgary office.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining our Drupal web products.
- Developing Selenium tests for our online products.
- Creating various scripts to maintain our SQL Server databases and IIS Web servers.
- Participating in team meetings, and other company meetings and events.
To succeed in this position, you will have:
- 2 – 5 years’ experience
- Experience developing with PHP and Drupal 7.
- Experience using CSS preprocessors such as SCSS, SASS, or LESS.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
It would also be beneficial, but not required, if you have experience:
- Developing ASP.NET C# web applications.
- Using Forms Authentication.
- Using script languages such as Python or Batch
- Writing SQL scripts and stored procedures
- Maintaining or using ArcGIS servers.
- Developing automated tests with Selenium.
In return, we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including opportunities for company ownership.
- Technical development and career growth opportunities.
- A unique and stimulating work environment - flexible hours, weekly organic fruit deliveries, regular social events, recycling and composting and community involvement through CDL Cares.
Application Deadline: July 1, 2017 (or until position is filled)
Along with your resume, please include a cover letter addressing your direct suitability to this role. Only candidates able to work in our Calgary office will be considered. Apply to:
Matt Baird, Managing Director, Canadian Discovery Ltd.
300, 706 - 7 Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta T2P 0Z1
Thank you to all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.